On Tue, Jan 31, 2017 at 3:59 AM, Henning Reich <f...@qupfer.de> wrote:

> Thanks for all the answers, I also found a solution, that worked for
> me...just not using fish ;-)
> find / -iname "*.pcap" -exec  sh -c 'touch /tmp/$(basename {})' \;

That will work with fish as well with one small syntax change:

 find / -iname "*.pcap" -exec fish -c 'touch /tmp/(basename {})'  \;

or, using your original example:

find /search/path -iname "*.pcap" -exec fish -c '/path/to/tool -para1 $path
-para2 /tmp/results/(basename {})' \;

The only reason I didn't recommend the `-exec` solution is it's less
efficient than the alternatives. It's also often harder to read which can
lead to mistakes.

--
Kurtis Rader