If you do not build from source you can ignore the following message. If
you do build from source please read it carefully.

A couple of days ago the fish development team made a mistake. We
inadvertently merged the fish 3.0 (`major`) branch to the 2.7 (`master`)
branch.  At first we thought that just a couple of commits had been merged
to the wrong branch. But it soon became clear that the entire `major`
branch had been merged to `master`. Ironically, this mistake occurred
without anyone immediately noticing because Git has much better support
for branches than nearly every other source code management (SCM) tool.

Because we are just a handful of weeks away from making our final
2.x release we decided to move up the timetable for creating an
`Integration_2.7.0` branch. The `master` branch will become the 3.0.0
development branch and the `major` branch will go away.  This means that
if you build from source you have to decide if you want to test bleeding
edge changes targeted for the 3.0.0 release or remain on the 2.7.0 branch.

If you are willing to test changes that will appear in the 3.0.0 release
you do not need to do anything. Continue to `git pull upstream master`
and build.  If you want to remain on the 2.x branch you will need to
`git pull upstream Integration_2.7.0` and build from that branch.

See

https://github.com/fish-shell/fish-shell/milestone/18

for the changes that have already been made and those we intend to make
in the coming months for the 3.0.0 release. Note that this release will
include backward incompatible changes that might require changes to
your personal fish config or plugins that you use.

--
Kurtis Rader