Hi all,

I am pleased to announce the release of version 3.5.0 of fish.

Although this is a shorter release cycle than in the past, fish 3.5.0
still brings a new builtin for manipulating paths, the ability to expand
widlcards on the command line, and the usual swathe of improvements to
completion, support for new terminal capabilities, and bug fixes.

The tarball and packages for Linux, macOS and Windows will soon be
available from https://fishshell.com/ and the release notes will be at
https://fishshell.com/release_notes.html - but in the meantime I have
uploaded the release to the GitHub releases page at:
  https://github.com/fish-shell/fish-shell/releases/tag/3.5.0

The Linux packages will be submitted to the release:3 channel, and if
you are using your system package manager to install fish from these
channels a new version will make its way to you soon. If you'd like to use
this method, the links are:
  https://launchpad.net/~fish-shell/+archive/ubuntu/release-3 (Ubuntu)

https://software.opensuse.org//download.html?project=shells%3Afish%3Arelease%3A3&package=fish
  (Debian, Fedora, openSUSE and Red Hat Enterprise Linux)

A pull request for Homebrew has been submitted, making the new version
available soon via upgrading or running `brew install fish`.

For our distributors, the tarball is available at
https://github.com/fish-shell/fish-shell/releases/download/3.5.0/fish-3.5.0.tar.xz

The SHA-256 sum is
291e4ec7c6c3fea54dc1aed057ce3d42b356fa6f70865627b2c7dfcecaefd210 and the
tarball has a signature from my personal PGP key, as does this message.

It's my pleasure to welcome the new contributors who have commits in the
tree since 3.4.0:

  AJ, Andrew Cassidy, Arash Mousavi, Budiman Jojo, Chloe Kudryavtsev,
  Dmitry Gerasimov, Edward Betts, Emirhan Karagül, Evan Benn, Fabian
  Boehm, Farid, Gregory Anders, Henrik Hørlück Berg, Jacob Panek,
  joao-vitor-sr, Juho Eerola, Klemens Nanni, Laura Hild, Matti Viljanen,
  merelymyself, mhmdanas, MidAutumnMoon, Mike Lei, naveen, pagedown,
  Paul Kasemir, Peter Stolz, pl3w5y, Radu Potop, Raymond Wong,
  SeekingBlues, Tom Rijnbeek, and ys64.

Thanks also go to our returning contributors:

  Aaron Gyes, Akatsuki Rui, Andrey Mishchenko, exploide, Fabian Homborg,
  Jason Nader, Johannes Altmanninger, Kid, Mahmoud Al-Qudsi, Michael
  Jarvis, Missu, NextAlone, Thom Chiovoloni, and, as always, our lead
  maintainer, ridiculousfish.

This release was produced above thirty thousand feet, so please enjoy
this first flying fish release.

David Adam
fish committer
zanc...@ucc.gu.uwa.edu.au