Brian Willoughby wrote:

> That's an awful "solution" waiting for errors to be introduced into
> what might otherwise be valid files.

I agree that this solution is non-optimal, but it is a a solution
that works in most cases where the file is over 4 Gig. Furthermore,
its optional; you have to explicitly enable it on the command
line.

> The proper solution is to use POSIX API that support 32-bit unsigned
> file offsets instead of the older 32-bit signed offsets (which
> supposedly still have merit because they allow seeking backwards from
> the current position).

This is completely un-related to the problem of "I have a 5 Gig WAV
file and I want to convert it to FLAC.

Erik