Mike

> Just to clarify. There is no update for Flash Authoring planned.
>
> There will be an early alpha of the next full version of
> authoring that includes ActionScript 3 support. This will be
> available in the spring.
>
> mike chambers
>
> [EMAIL PROTECTED]

Great features and it's good that the 'flash platform' is moving
forward.

Reading between the lines - we'll have to pay for the 8.5 IDE, or are
you taling about an alpha of the flash 9 IDE? - If it's 8.5 then great,
like I'm going to be able to convince my manager I need to upgrade
everyone in my team again. Adobe did the same with CS and CS2.....

Looking forward to Flash 8.75 and Flash 8.9

What was the reasoning behind not holding off the release and putting
this in 8, or waiting and pushing it in 9?

Should people who haven't yet upgraded to 8 hold off for the 8.5
upgrade?

Will you still operate the same upgrade from any version policy?

I need to carefully plan my software budget and you guys aren't helping.

Cheers

Mike