We're still working on the actual text of the error messages, and yes,
that one could certainly be a little less cryptic. Have you seen the
"Error and Warning Codes" appendix in the language reference? It
includes descriptions for some of the more common error codes:

http://livedocs.macromedia.com/labs/1/flex/langref/errorCodes.html

As for your particular issue, one thing to keep in mind is that Sprite
doesn't inherit from flash.display.Graphics, so your Test object doesn't
have a moveTo() method. What your Test object does have is a graphics
property that contains a Graphics object. So change:

this.moveTo(0,0);

graphics.moveTo(0,0);

And it should compile. For example, the following code draws a red line:

package {
        import flash.display.Sprite;

        public class MoveToTest extends Sprite {
                public function MoveToTest() {
                        graphics.lineStyle(1,0xFF0000,1);
                        graphics.moveTo(100,100);
                        graphics.lineTo(200,200);