In order to see anything with the debugger you usually need to set a
breakpoint somewhere in the code.

Right-click in the left margin of the editor and choose toggle breakpoint.
Make sure it's inside a script block and on a line that has some executable
code on it.

Once you've done that, hit the debug button.

When the player gets to that line in the code it should pause and you should
be able to see all the variables in debug view.

HTH

Spike