Hi All,

i have the following problem. I want to load a sequence of Images. I have my
own SequenceLoader so that is fine.

Now i need to now the size (totalBytes) of all clips in advance to show a
progress bar that counts all clips.

So my first guess is to load one clip wait fort he first progress - get the
bytesTotal - and than cancel the loading. With this i would get the

Sizes of all clips without loading them. Now i always thought it`s not
possible to cancel a loading progress but to my surprise the following seems
to work:

this.createEmptyMovieClip("image_mc", this.getNextHighestDepth());

var mclListener:Object = new Object();

mclListener.onLoadProgress  = function(target:MovieClip, bytesLoaded:Number,
bytesTotal:Number){

            var progress:Object = mcLoader.getProgress(image_mc);

    trace(" bytesTotal: " + bytesTotal);

            size_tx.text=bytesTotal;

   image_mcl.unloadClip(target);

};

var image_mcl:MovieClipLoader = new MovieClipLoader();

image_mcl.addListener(mclListener);

image_mcl.loadClip("img1.jpg", image_mc);

I believe that the loading is really canceled. I don`t have the image in my
cache after calling this.

Can someone verify that this works? Any better solutions?

Thanx

Benjamin

RichApps.de

RIA Development

Benjamin Dobler

web:   |  <http://www.richapps.de> http://www.richapps.de

mail:   |  <mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]> [EMAIL PROTECTED]