Eric,

Couldn't get your code to work at first.  Made some slight modifications to
get it to work in a single frame based code structure.

This code works great for relatively small tree structures.  Took around
10-15 seconds to open 1500 nodes. Meanwhile it just sits there without
feedback.

function ExpandNode (myTree, myTreeNode:XMLNode):Void {
    // Open passed in node.
    myTree.setIsOpen (myTreeNode, true);
    // Check to see if current node has children
    if (myTreeNode.childNodes.length > 0) {
        // If current node has children spawn a new process that will
"recurse" throuhg all child nodes.
        // Effectively opening all nodes in tree.
        var j:Number;
        for (j = 0; j < myTreeNode.childNodes.length; j++) {
            var myTreeSubNode:XMLNode = myTreeNode.childNodes[j];
            this.ExpandNode (myTree, myTreeSubNode);
// This executes the initial opening...
// First attribute is the instance name of the tree component
// Second attribute is the root node of the tree component
ExpandNode (main.myBM, main.myBM.getTreeNodeAt (0));

Thanks for all the help!

Martin  :)