-----Original Message-----
From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
[mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of JesterXL
Sent: October 28, 2005 6:58 PM
To: Flashcoders mailing list
Subject: Re: [Flashcoders] Newbie AS3 question

Close; the MovieClip IS instantiated, just not drawn.  I think Ryan said it
best earlier when you think of:

var a:MovieClip = createEmptyMovieClip("mc");

as:

var a:MovieClip = new MovieClip();
addChild(a);

addChild merely tells Flash to draw it each frame.

So yeah, you could have a list, and choose which one you want to draw, when,

and where in the DL.

Absolutely; you can screw with the movieclips as much as you want without
having them drawn; they are valid movieclip objects with all the methods and

properties to boot.