This is a strange thing to want to do in Flash.

Is using Flash a requirement?

Scott

-----Original Message-----
From:   [EMAIL PROTECTED] on behalf of Pedro Furtado
Sent:   Mon 10/31/2005 10:34 AM
To:     'Flashcoders mailing list'
Subject:        RE: [Flashcoders] Simple serial reading application
Try Zinc v2 for PPC.
;)

-----Original Message-----
From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
[mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of Danny
Kirkwood
Sent: segunda-feira, 31 de Outubro de 2005 14:50
To: flashcoders@chattyfig.figleaf.com

> I am a beginner & although quick to learn not yet a very good programmer
atall. I am currently trying to create a small flash application which will
eventually be uploaded to a PDA, I need it to read 192 Bytes from a serial
port & display this in ascii code. Any help / links / info would be much
appeciated as I`ve been searching forums with no avail :o( do i need to use
external programming / software etc... to read the serial data first &
import ?

> Thanks for your interest,
> Danny

Danny Kirkwood
Technical Sales Assistant
Technical Department
Balluff Ltd
The Automation Centre
Finney Lane
Cheadle
Cheshire           SK8 3DF
Phone +44 161 2824 706
Fax
[EMAIL PROTECTED]

Disclaimer & Confidentiality Notice
This email, together with any attachments, is for the exclusive
and confidential use of the person or entity to which it is
addressed and may contain confidential and/or privileged material.
Any review, retransmission, dissemination, or other use of, or
taking of any action in reliance upon, this information by persons
or entities other than the intended recipient is strictly unauthorised
and prohibited.

by e-mail immediately or contact us at [EMAIL PROTECTED]
<mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]> and delete the message and attachments
from your system and any associated computers without making any copies.

Any views expressed in this email are those of the author and may not
necessarily represent the views of Balluff Ltd.Please note that the
Internet is inherently insecure. It is not appropriate for sensitive
material. Please bear this in mind when emailing us. Although we have
taken steps to check that this email and any attachments are free from
viruses, it is the responsibility of the recipient in keeping with good
computing practice to ensure they are actually virus free and Balluff Ltd
accepts no responsibility for such viruses.

Balluff Ltd.