I would think for CD or Hard Drive, you could just stuff everything
into the main movie, within reason of course. Then when the Flash
movie is opened, all assets are loaded.

If you have a lot of video, just load it from the CD or Hard Drive,
there should be plenty of "bandwidth."

The only real reason to load things as needed is bandwidth and loading concerns.

I still try to do good designs, but part of me feels that if you have
a 800x600 computer with 128MB of RAM... you are used to things not
working.