Are you using frames? I've had problems with sending a POST in IE when
the flash movie is inside a frame, things like the data not actually
being sent. It appeared to be a bug with IE: works fine in
mozilla/firefox, and when i took it out of the frame but changed
nothing else, it worked again.

-David R