I seem to have a problem with v2 components, and I cannot get to the bottom
of the problem.

I have a medium sized app with Datagrid, TextArea and ComboBox components
poulated by PHPAMF data.

Certain sequences of events, eg. click on this1_mc and then this2_mc will
make the TextArea and ComboBox components blank. I can select and copy/paste
the etxt, edit the text but I cannot see the text.

If I apply a colour to the backgorund eg.
'myText.setStyle("backgroundColor", "0xFFFFFF");' I can see that the
text is visible and the
backgorund appears to be positioned in front of the text.

I have reinstalled Flash with the latest components.

I have recreated the movie from scratch and all is fine at first and then
the bug seems to rear its ugly head.

I have searched extensivly to find out about this problem and it seems that
it shoudl have been fixed in 7.2 and again in 8. I have also tried solutions
related toi masks (I have no masks in my movie) and embedded fonts (this
makes to differance).

Teh only workaround I can find is a cheat which appears to work. '
myText.depthChild0._alpha=0;' But I would prefer to try to understand this
problem and if I am going wrong.

Has anyone experienced simlar problems? Am I missing something?

--

Gavin Lilley
Technical Consultant