ah, ignore me, i panicked, no trailing slash on the directory.

*crawls back into dark place*

----- Original Message ----- From: "Tom Rhodes" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Sent: Tuesday, November 08, 2005 5:09 PM
Subject: [Flashcoders] file upload with flash 8 weirdness

Hello all,

i think my prob is in my php, but i'm uploading a file to the server, everything goes aok as far as flash is concerned, onProgress and onComplete both fire away happily.

but the file he no end up on server :(

why would flash say everything is cool and the file not end up there?

the only slightly funky thing i'm doing is passing a filename to the upload php page for it to use when it moves the file from the browser temp to the server. like so....

<?php
if ($_FILES['Filedata']['name']) {
  $uploadDir = "../images/homepage";
  $uploadFile = $uploadDir . $_REQUEST['fileName'];
$uploaded = move_uploaded_file($_FILES['Filedata']['tmp_name'], $uploadFile);
  echo $uploaded;
}
?>

any ideas???

i have an urgent deadline approaching fast, and this is the last little thing i need to complete :(

tia,

tom.