John Mark Hawley wrote:
Any ideas here?

Three FLAs saved as 2004 MX FLAs from the Flash 8 IDE have all of a sudden
started crashing the 2004 MX IDE on export.  Occasionally, the player itself is
crashing when the resulting SWF is played in a browser afterwards. Things are
haywire.

Playing with the debugger, the crash always happens in a function that does
very simple XML traversal, one cloneNode, and the deletes the XML traversed.
The same FLA works fine in the Flash 8 IDE.

The IDE crash error messages vary -- sometimes unlimited recursion is reported,
then an authplay.dll crash closes the IDE...sometimes things just freeze up,
then a crash message pops up -- but clicking 'Debug' or 'more info' just
enhances the crash a bit and closes the IDE.

Any clues here as to what's going on? We've has some of our team working in 8
for two weeks and others in 7, all working ont he same files, and only
yesterday has this nightmare appeared.  It wouldn't be so terrible if it didn't
look like our SVN has somehow gone on the fritz...

-Mark Hawley

--
John Mark Hawley
The Nilbog Group

I've had a swf developed in MX 2004 keep crashing in a browser after I installed Flash 8. I continued to develop in MX 2004 and publish for player 7 but it kept crashing. As soon as I uninstalled Flash 8 and the Flash 8 plugin, MX 2004 began publishing stable swfs again. Sucks because I'm afraid to install Flash 8 until my project is over.

JOR