Ricky,

Very valid points. Ultimately it comes down to budget (doesn't
everything  :) ) but engaging visitors with in-ad content is the way
things are moving. I worked on a campaign at the start of this year,
which had an in-ad-game. And not just a silly little 5 seconds and your
bored game either. It was a fully engaging top down shoot-em-up. We saw
33% click through on that ad and repeat plays of the game around the 80%
mark. Serious figures when you take into consideration average click
through are around 2%.

I'm currently putting together some prototypes involving video
interaction which will be interesting to track users activity through. I
can foresee a move towards putting more content directly in the ads - a
mini micro site if you will.

This is always going to be a heated debate, as feelings are strong on
both sides. The fact of life is, online advertising is hear to stay -
period - and Flash offers the best platform for creating the material
(good or bad). I would however be interested in opening up a
conversation with somebody like Jessie (off list of course), as to
exactly what it is that he finda so intrusive. Is it simply the fact
that the ads are there at all ? Or investigating further is it
particular formats (overlays, skyscraper etc) that make his blood boil
so much.

Jessie - I would genuinely be interested to talk more off list ?

For now I think this thread has run it's course.