-----Original Message-----
From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
[mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] Behalf Of Karthik
Sent: 19 November 2005 14:21
To: Flashcoders mailing list
Subject: Re: [Flashcoders] Dynamic text align vertically

I'm just typing this off the cuff:

//if you have a multiline textfield named test_txt on the stage
//and want to align it vertically to the center of the stage
test_txt.autoSize = true;
//Always set the text via AS rather than use the variable field
test_txt.text = "abcd \n efgh \n ijkl";
test_txt._y = (Stage.height - test_txt._height)/2;
test_txt._x = (Stage.width  - test_txt._width)/2;

//Stage is a built in class..

Hope that helps :)
-K