I get a combobox that looks like a blank textfield using function below:
   private function buildCombo() {
        //create page combobox used to toggle between pages
        var pageToggler_cb = target.createClassObject(mx.controls.ComboBox,
        "pageSelector", target.getNextHighestDepth());
        pageToggler_cb.dataProvider = ["hello", "there", "sailor"];

It seems like the component is currupted but if I do a simple test in
another .fla:
var combo_cb = this.createClassObject(mx.controls.ComboBox, "combo", 1);
combo_cb.dataProvider = ["hello", "there"];

It works?

Any ideas?

Tia

-dan