Are you using NetConnection Debugger?

If not, you'll find it in > Window > Other Panels > NetConnection
Debugger or as a separate SWF in here: <C:\Program
Files\Macromedia\Flash MX 2004\en\First Run\WindowSWF>.

Use the NetConnection Debugger to see if your App is making a call to
your gateway.aspx page.

That's a good starting point to get things up and running.

HTH,

/Johan