Sent: Wednesday, November 30, 2005 6:06 PM
Subject: Re: [Flashcoders] Scrollpane in the arse

All that does is move the movieclip inside the pane around.  I want to
Duplicate that movieclip a bunch of times, not move it.  This must be
possible as it works fine with the old component.

var pro_startY:Number = 0;
for (i=0;i<10;i++){
   //Create movieclip object
   //productPane.attachMovie("productDisplay", "product_"+i, i, {_x:0,
_y:pro_startY});
   //pro_startY += 160;
}

productPane.contentPath = "productDisplay" only adds 1 movieclip

JesterXL wrote:

Close!  Do what Derek said:

myScrollpane.contentPath = "productDisplay";
myScrollpane.move(700, pro_startY);

----- Original Message ----- From: "Mike Boutin" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Sent: Wednesday, November 30, 2005 5:55 PM

So I should be able to do something like this rather than putting all
the clips in a empty_mc first:

myScrollpane.attachMovie("productDisplay", "product_"+i, i, {_x:700,
_y:pro_startY});

?

Steve Krichten wrote:

Sorry, you can't do that with the V2 component.  However I don't see
why you want to... The way it works now is you set the contentPath to
the linkage ID of a  clip in the library, then attach the individual
items to scrollPane.content.  To me this makes more sense this way
than the old way... why build content outside the pane then put it
inside? ... instead just build it directly inside the pane from the
start.

-Steve