Hi
I want to create a simple app that allows the creation of 'recordings',
basically movies that are recordings of anything that might happen on the stage.

I'd appreciate any feedback on my basic logic which is as follows:

1) Create a 'snaphot routine whose only purpose is to create a collection of
'snapshot' bitmaps of the MovieClip we are recording
2) Create a 'makefilmstrip' routine whose purpose is to compose a 'filmstrip'
using the previously created bitmaps, one per frame, in a blank 'host'
movieclip

//BEGIN PSEUDO CODE

function snapshot(mc:Movieclip);

//create bitmap with unique name

//take snapshot of moviceclip passed in
uniqueBitmapname.draw(mc);

//store a reference to this Bitmap in an array

bitMaparray.push(uniqueBitmapname);

//continue until done, presumably controlled by another 'start and stop
recording function' controller
//when done call the 'make filmstrip' function
}

function makefilmstrip(){

//first attach Movieclip (our blank filmstrip) to stage giving it the name
'filmstrip'
//it has a stop action on frame 1

// step2: create empty movieclip within filmstrip giving it a unique name and
depth

//step3: attach previously created bitmap to this holder movieclip
//we reference these bitmaps throught the array created in the snapshot function
//not sure if it is possible to reference previously created bitmaps this way,
suggestions?

var mybitmapreference = bitMaparray[counter];//????

uniqueholderMovieclip.attachBitmap(mybitmapreference);

//increment global counter
counter++
//increment frame in filmstrip , not sure if this is possible but we need some
way of advancing the frame in filmstrip
//so that the next uniqueholderMovieclip Movieclips are created on sequential
frames, does this make sense??

filmstrip.nextFrame();
//continue steps 2 & 3 till we run out of bitmaps

}//end makefilmstrip

//END PSEUDO CODE

Any feedback appreciated
Jim Bachalo