Right. you should be able to just use MovieClipLoader.onLoadInit(), which will fire when whatever you loaded is ready to actually be used.

- Josh

On Dec 9, 2005, at 3:59 PM, Scott Hyndman wrote:

Doesn't MovieClipLoader remove the necessity of this approach if you
hook into onLoadInit()? I believe that onLoadInit() is only fired when
the loaded image/swf's properties are available.

Scott

-----Original Message-----
From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
[mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of Radley
Marx
Sent: December 9, 2005 5:44 PM
To: Flashcoders mailing list
Subject: Re: [Flashcoders] Loading Image _width _height

You're loading an outside jpg into Flash. The player needs a moment not
only to load the entire image, but also to parse/convert/love the file
and display it in Flash. It shouldn't take a full second for this
happen, but can take anywhere from one to a few frames (depends on image
size, number of images, etc).

Simply write a basic loop, based on holderClip._width, that loops until
the width is no longer 0. This should be a separate loop/test from
.getBytesTotal since you want to be sure its actually fully loaded first
before you lock up your app in this kind of loop.

-radley