Hi H,
If you're asking about client-side AS3 in Flex 2 I highly recommend you try it out. It's the best way to get a sense of it. Download Flex 2 from here:

http://labs.macromedia.com

The help is remarkably good - even amazing for an alpha.

I'm not a Flex 2/MXML expert but you can:

1. write AS3 classes

2. instantiate an AS3 class using an MXML tag.

3. use the <mx:Script> tag:
<mx:Script>
  <![CDATA[

// your AS3 code goes here.
  ]]>
</mx:Script>

4. put code inside tag attributes - for example to respond to a click:
<mx:Button id="loginButton"
  label="Login" width="200" enabled="false"
  click="dispatchEvent( new LoginRequestEvent(credentials) );">
</mx:Button>

Yours truly,
-Brian

Great question and great response, it is a shame about SS AS2. How is AS 3.0integrated with Flex? I guess I'm really wondering whether it has a tag
similiar to <cfscript> that would let you code in AS 3.0.

Brian Lesser
Assistant Director, Teaching and Technology Support
Computing and Communications Services
Ryerson University
350 Victoria St.
Toronto, Ontario                   Phone: (416) 979-5000 ext. 6835
M5B 2K3                            Fax: (416) 979-5220
Office: AB48D                      E-mail: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
(Enter through LB66)               Web: http://www.ryerson.ca/~blesser