Here is pretty much all I am doing and its hand coded...

var nc:NetConnection = new NetConnection();
nc.connect(null);

var ns:NetStream = new NetStream(nc);

theVideo.attachVideo(ns);

ns.setBufferTime(10);

ns.onStatus = function(info) {
        trace(info.code);
        if(info.code == "NetStream.Buffer.Full") {
                bufferClip._visible = false;
        }
        if(info.code == "NetStream.Buffer.Empty") {
                bufferClip._visible = true;
        }
        if(info.code == "NetStream.Play.Stop") {
                ns.seek(0);

ns.play("DBZremake_v7_Large_Custom.flv");

Corban Baxter      |      rich media designer      |      www.funimation.com