On Jan 3, 2006, at 1:09 PM, Henry @ Tonic wrote:

I should add, that if you *really* want to stick with text files, you could replace special characters with URLEncoded entities (like, %26 for ampersand) and it should work. But I wouldn't recommend it ;)

How do you then deal with entities that Flash doesn't have support for (like the combined greater-than/equal-to)?

Since like Flash 5, we always end up using custom fonts, and some bastardized regEx-like replacement routine, and I've love to be rid of that. Is there a better way? Will CDATA nodes allow me to put stuff like that in directly? I use CDATA nodes in my XML, but have always used them still like plain-text (no funky characters.)

--
Troy
RPSystems, Ltd.