Please change the IE plug-in to Flash & and test it. If it does not work that would isolate the player as the culprit.
I'd also ask if you could check your security settings with regards to IE.
Just shots in the dark to see if one can narrow down the problem. I personally have had few problems making the shift on both platforms from 7 to 8 on IE Mozilla and NScape

----- Original Message ----- From: "Karina Steffens" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Sent: Thursday, January 05, 2006 2:10 PM
Subject: [Flashcoders] Flashcomm server and IE

Hi List,

I have a chat application that connects to the flash comm server (localhost,
windows XP sp2) in order to work. When I connect it through the standalone
player, it connects ok, but when published as html and viewed in Internet
Explorer, it refuses to connect, although it definitely used to do that
before. It does work in Firefox, though...

When checking the Communication App Inspector, I found, again, that although
it works from within the IDE and as a standalone, it refuses to connect to
the server from the html environment in IE, although I use the same (stored)
connection parameters.

I'm still using MX 2004, and my standalone player is Flash 7, and the apps
are all published to Flash 7, but the with flash 8 plugin for IE (8,0,22,0).
But it seems that I never updated Firefox, so the plugin is still 7
(7,0,35,5).

So it looks as if the Flash 8 plugin is the culprit here, but why would it
do that, and is there any solution?

Thanks,
Karina

Karina Steffens  |  Neo-Archaic