On Jan 7, 2006, at 8:15 PM, Tom Lee wrote:

Interesting idea... I don't have a method written, but the first thing I would do is try blurring the image until it is one uniform color (perhaps
with a Transform Matrix), and then get the RGB of that color.

Well, that would get you the general tone of the image I guess. But I think "dominating color" would probably be better represented by determining a number of factors. Distinct differences in saturation, or value covering some measurable percentage of the image area perhaps.

Interesting concept to try in Flash though.

--
Troy
RPSystems, Ltd.