-----Original Message-----
From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
[mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of Ralph
Caraveo
Sent: 11 January 2006 18:23
To: Flashcoders mailing list
Subject: [Flashcoders] flash frame-rate in windows form applications

Hey group,

Anybody have any experience with using Flash inside of a Windows Forms
(.net) application?  My questions are:  Have you gotten the .swf to run
a reasonable/high frame rate or do you get a nasty performance penalty
for having flash embedded or "wrapped" in a .net app?

I just did a test with 1000 particles using AS3.0 and got about 45 fps
with the flash player by itself.  I then popped this into my c# .net and
it crawled to almost half at 23 fps on average.

Just wondering if anybody has been able to squeeze out good or great
performance from this technique.

Thanks in advance,

-Ralph

Choice Internet Home Page <http://www.choiceinternet.com>
Choice Internet
    17785 Center Court Dr. Suite 280
    Cerritos, CA 90703
Tel: 562 865 6886 x112   Fax: 562.865.6889
<M:\emailTemplate\arrowLightBlue.gif> www.choiceinternet.com
<http://www.choiceinternet.com>

  Ralph Caraveo, Senior Programmer         [EMAIL PROTECTED]
<mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]>