On Jan 14, 2006, at 4:50 AM, Benjamin Dobler wrote:

So my question is anything like that out there already? What would bet he
best way to do it (e.g. moveTo2(p:Point)).

Do i have to expect performance decrease?

I'm not aware of anything currently.. and don't know if this is implemented yet in AS3 (anyone?).

I would definitely expect a performance decrease. It all depends on what you do - whether it will be noticeable or not.

Anytime you add in a separate scope, it'll slow things down. Plus, the Point class (and matrix and other geom classes) are implemented in AS, not in C, so they really aren't that fast in the first place. Those classes are more of a timesaver than anything else.

cheers,

jon