Yes thanks this seems to work. Still not sure why it was doing what it was, either way thanks for the help!

Marc Hoffman wrote:

not sure why, but try putting Stage properties in a new variable that doesn't get reset when repositioning the object:

theWidth=Stage.width/2;
theHeight=Stage.height-70;

siteLogo._x = theWidth;
siteLogo._y = theHeight;