This one has me stumped.. maybe someone knows how to use a named array element
as a var in an input text field.

I have an array named formdata. The array elements are named as in
 formdata["companyname"] =  "";

I have a separate array that just lists the names as in
 formkey = new Array("companyname","clientcontact",...etc..);

I use this array so I can refer to the first array elements either by their
name, or by using this syntax:

function storeclientinfo(){
        for(i=0;i<formkey.length;i++){
        formdata[formkey[i].toString()] = eval(formkey[i]);
        }
                //_parent.debugger.debug = formdata.companyname;
        loadVariables("storenewclient.php",this,"POST");
}
(the above works)
..but ideally I would like to use a reference to the formdata elements as the
var in a series of input text fields. I have tried:
    _parent.formdata[_parent.formkey[0].toString()]
    _parent.formdata[_parent.formkey[0]]
    _parent.formdata["companyname"]
    _parent.formdata.companyname

...all to no avail...
any insights on how to get this to work (or why it will not) would be greatly
appreciated!

Thanks for your help.
-Boyd