> Well, I always thought shift-/ctrl-ins IS system level under windows. At
>  least it works in any of my programs except macromedia....
> So it more seems like this not-functioning is due to the application,
> not the system?!

I've also run into a few issues with the custom keyboard shortcuts in
Flash. This leads me to believe that your issue is likely just another
Macromedia oversight in the software.

Example of my own recurring issues: When I assign a shortcut key to a
command, it usually works predictably. However, as soon as I assign a
SHIFT version of the same key to another command, the former shortcut key
often mysteriously becomes "forgotten".

The issues aren't only in the custom shortcut keys, but linger in the
native shortcuts too. For example, Paste Frames (CTRL + ALT + V/Command +
Option + V) doesn't work until after the first time you paste frames from
the menu in a given Flash session.

There are others, and I hoped that some of them would be fixed in v.8, but
they weren't.

-
pixelTwiddler, a.k.a. Jason