Sounds like you're trying to do something like this, but even still your
approach seems overly complex.  Maybe a more detailed explaination of
what you're trying to do and what "combinations" are would help.
Meanwhile, if I understand you, would something like this work?

a = false
b = false
c = true
d = true
e = true
f = false
g = true
h = false
i = false
//etc.

myArray = [2,3,6,12,34,54,345,45,76,34]
vars = ["a","b","c","d","e","f","g","h","i","j"]
counter = 0;
counter_arr = [];

function checkVars(){
        for(i=0; i<myArray.length; i++){
                if(this[vars[i]]){
                        counter_arr.push(counter+=myArray[i])
                        trace(vars[i]+" in vars array is true.");
                        trace("counter is at: "+counter);

checkVars();

Jason Merrill   |   E-Learning Solutions   |  icfconsulting.com

NOTICE:
This message is for the designated recipient only and may contain privileged or
confidential information. If you have received it in error, please notify the
sender immediately and delete the original. Any other use of this e-mail by you
is prohibited.