Marc Hoffman wrote:
> I need to know what changes were made to the Flash Player
> between versions 7.0.19.0 and 7.0.61.0.
> Mike Chambers (or other MM reps) are you out there?

Hi Marc... have you seen the Flash Player 7 Release Notes?
http://www.macromedia.com/support/documentation/en/flashplayer/7/releasenotes.html

Here are the Security Alerts which drew the later updaters:
http://www.macromedia.com/devnet/security/security_zone/#flashplayer

The 7.0.61 version was released a few months back for older operating systems which could not support the current 8.x Players, such as Win95, and MacOS Classic:
http://www.macromedia.com/devnet/security/security_zone/mpsb05-07.html

But that .61 version was for bounds-checking during input validation, and I don't know of anything which changed there for domain-checking.

> In the project I inherited, web-based data exchange between Flash
> and the server works in 7.0.19.0 but not in 7.0.61.0... I've tried
> adding cross-domain xml files and modifying security (allow domain)
> settings in the swf's, but no luck so far (possibly my syntax was
> wrong, though). I'm hoping that learning the differences between
> these two subversions will provide a solution.

That sounds odd to me. Can you set up even a simple connection in the balking browser with a new test file? (This could help rule out anything in the larger, older file.) Does that balking browser change with the current Player (assuming it has a recent operating system)? It's not just one browser on one system where this has occurred, is it...?

jd

--
John Dowdell . Adobe Developer Support . San Francisco CA USA
Weblog: http://weblogs.macromedia.com/jd