Seems you don't set your own  onUpdate() and setSize() functions.
  Have a look at file  mm_livepreview.as (can be found in ...First Run\Include).
  It manages all the Live Preview behaviour.

  Then try to check  onUpdate() and setSize() functions in "native" MM
  components to see how it works.

  Feel free to ask more (offlist as well).

--
Best regards,
 GregoryN