You also have a space in there:

"C:\\ pages.swf"

I would not recommend loading from c:  -you can't guarantee the file will
always be there can you?  Loal from a relative url instead, and don't try and
load into _root - create and empty movie clip instance, and load into that.

Jason Merrill

NOTICE:
This message is for the designated recipient only and may contain privileged or
confidential information. If you have received it in error, please notify the
sender immediately and delete the original. Any other use of this e-mail by you
is prohibited.