They're theorycoders, the type that post pseudocode to forums and mailing
lists.  More often than not their pseudocode doesn't work and only serves to
confuse others who think they're getting a lesson from a smart and
experienced coder.  These theorycoders have book smarts but lack street
smarts.  They have never worked on a big project with other programmers so
they code in the most selfish and self-centered way as an exercise in mental
masturbation.