The VM for Player version 8 is optimized. 8.5 will have this optimized
2.0VM for backwards compatibility, along with a newly written
3.0 VM.

Bart, either way, the method would report the time it took for the method to
execute. If the machine has player 8, then it should just return a lower
value, and the application would behave accordingly.

I may be missing something...

Regards,

M.