-----Original Message-----
From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] [mailto:flashcoders-
[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of Mark Burvill
Sent: Friday, February 03, 2006 11:20 AM
To: Flashcoders mailing list
Subject: Re: [Flashcoders] Question about xpath and cdata

Anyone?

:o)

Mark Burvill wrote:

Hi everyone,

I'm still a bit new to using xml with flash, and I'm just starting
dig into xfactorstudio's xpath for AS2.
I'm generally loving the way it's clearly going to save me loads of
time in searching through my xml docs, but I'm having a bit of a
probem getting html formatted text from a CDATA tag to display
properly....

Say this is my xml file:

<content>
  <biog>
      <![CDATA[Lorem ipsum dolor<br><br>sit amet.]]>
  </biog>
</content>

What I'm trying to do is get the "Lorem ipsum" text and display it
in
an html text field in Flash.

I would normally do something like this:
var myText:String =
myXML.firstChild.firstChild.firstChild.nodeValue;
Using "nodeValue" makes sure that the text gets treated as html, and
the line breaks work properly rather than doing:
var myText:String =  myXML.firstChild.firstChild.firstChild;
... which would display "Lorem ipsum dolor<br><br>sit amet." in my
textfield - not good.

My question is, how do I get the same result using xpath?

Doing this:
XPath.selectNodes (myXML, "/content/biog/text()");
..gives me the right text, but won't treat it as html.

Thanks!

Mark.

--
*Mark Burvill*
Interactive designer

*Work:* 0117 953 0100
*Mobile*: 07780 608498

NOTICE:
This message is for the designated recipient only and may contain privileged or
confidential information. If you have received it in error, please notify the
sender immediately and delete the original. Any other use of this e-mail by you
is prohibited.