No, there is no way to do this by extending the MovieClip class.
Unfortunately the _x and _y are unique beasts, along with all the other
MovieClip properties from the Flash 4 days (such as enabled). You can't
watch them, create getters/setters for them, or even over-ride them. You
have to have a getter/setter x and y and inside those set the _x and _y.

If you're feeling creative and absolutely have to have _x and _y as the
properties to watch, then you're class can't be attached to the actual
sprite. You'd have to have a real sprite-based MovieClip referenced inside
the class that you manipulate. I know that probably doesn't make sense, and
it's a programming project you don't want to undertake, with a lot of
potential for problems and failure (I know). You'll have to use the x and y,
which always looks better anyway.

Tyler