Ben Smeets wrote, of WMODE in-browser compositing:
For Firefox browsers too??

Flash Player 6 and above have the hooks necessary to route the Player's rendering to the browser's offscreen compositing buffer, rather than directly to screen:
http://www.macromedia.com/support/flash/releasenotes/player/rn_6.html

But I'm not sure how well all the various Firefox versions implement this, particularly when combined with other authoring choices... I've seen reports that some Firefox don't respect WMODE requests when invoked from an OBJECT tag rather than an EMBED tag... there was an older issue in some Microsoft browsers where a WMODE toggle would send to the printer upside-down... a browser can "support" a feature but there's always the question of how similar it is in all respects to other implementations.

Anyway, yeah, WMODE should work in Firefox, try it with a simple file first, first for background-transparency and then for CSS layering.

jd

--
John Dowdell . Adobe Developer Support . San Francisco CA USA
Weblog: http://weblogs.macromedia.com/jd