-----Original Message-----
From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
[mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] Behalf Of Robert
Leisle
Sent: Tuesday, February 14, 2006 2:40 PM
To: flashcoders@chattyfig.figleaf.com
Subject: [Flashcoders] SSL and Flash in IE6

Hello group,

I've run searches in the archives, google and other groups and am unable
to find a cause for this:
I've built a very simple Flash MX (6) test swf file, uploaded it to an
http server. Its only task is to load a small data file (.txt) from
another server (same domain) through https, using a LoadVars, and
display the data in a text field.

When running the test, I'm also using a packet sniffer tool and can see
that the data is retrieved back to my machine, but it is not getting to
the Flash player. My test swf indicates that the data was not received.

This happens in the Flash 6, 7, and 8 players, only in Internet
Explorer. The data load works as expected in Netscape and Firefox, in
all players. If I retrieve the data through unencripted http, the test
works fine in IE also. It only fails in IE when the data is transfered
via https.

I've tweaked IE security and privacy settings. I've added "https://"; to
the codebase and pluginspage params in the html. I've added
"secure='false'" to the crossdomain.xml. I've submitted it to the
Macromedia bug report site.

Any insite would be greatly appreciated!

Cheers!

Bob Leisle
Headsprout Software & Engineering
http://www.headsprout.com