Just make sure int he constructor you initialize it:: EventDispatcher.initialize(this)..

also you ned to have these var definititions:

public var addEventListener:Function
public var removeEventListener:Function;
private var dispatchEvent:Function

then to dispatch:

dispatchEvent( { type:'whatever', target:this, someOtherProp:'somothervalue' } )

all those props in the dispatchEvent call are just properties in a basic Object. you must have type though.

SMITH