-----Original Message-----
From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
[mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of Dennis -
I Sioux
Sent: 20 February 2006 10:21
To: Flashcoders mailing list
Subject: [Flashcoders] Loading Swf files in site (protecting bandwith
fromother sites)

We are trying to protect our swf-files from loading by others
(protecting our bandwidth).

Searching the net, no solution could be found for this. We want our
users flashfiles to be loaded from our site,
but rejected when called from other sites to secure our bandwidth.

NOTE: The flashfiles are submitted content, so we can't change them.

Does anyone have a suggestion on how to do this correctly?

On a more technical note (for those that wish to know what we tried) :

- We tried PHP to parse the files, using an swf header. This works in
most cases, but appearantly some swf files do not work
correctly (it looks fine at first, but things go bad when using the
swf). Even though the parsed file is both in Header
as in content equal (to the bit, checked that in filesize and in code)
the code behaves differently than the
original swf.(for instance when a key is pressed a characters animation
will play but won't be moved around).

- Now we'r trying to secure a webdirectory (with ModRewrite), to not
load swf files when not refered to by our site, but <object> and <embed>
tags do not pass on a referer in the header, thus blocking all requests
or simple not blocking any.

Many Thanks

Dennis