I believe they are using something similar to the technique described in
this article on Community MX.  I think you need the pay subscription to
read it. http://www.communitymx.com/content/article.cfm?cid=727E8

However, for those who don't have a subscription, it basically uses two
frames, one of which is invisible.  In the main movie when you click a
link it actually does a getURL including a tag of some sort on the
invisible frame. (e.g. history.html?section=foo)  When history.html
reloads it has a javascript function which document.writes a flash movie
called something like history.swf which has a FlashVars reference to the
section variable of the URL.  This flash movie talks to the other one
through LocalConnection, telling it to go to whatever section it wants.
So when the user presses their back button it is actually refreshing
history.html which will then tell the main movie what to do.  A little
confusing at first, but it's a nice hack.

Kevin Fitzpatrick
Flash Designer,
SAP.com Web Services Team - SAP Global Marketing
SAP Global Solutions Center
3999 West Chester Pike
Newtown Square, PA 19073
C (267) 254-6225