I have two swfs. The first swf loads in the second swf. The second swf uses a function that *finds* the real _root and then uses attachMovie to attach a movieclip to it. The second swf works by itself but it does *not* work when loaded into another swf. Specifically, if I use:

var root_mc:MovieClip = getRoot(this);
var d_mc = root_mc.attachMovie("dndNodeDragger", "d_mc", DepthManager.kTop++);
trace("d_mc="+d_mc)

I get a reference when it is not loaded into another swf. I could really use some insight on this.

Judah

--
"Always bear in mind that your own resolution to succeed is more important than any
one thing."

"You can have anything you want - if you want it badly enough. You can be anything you want to be, do anything you set out to accomplish if you hold to that desire with singleness of purpose."
- Abraham Lincoln