Is there a way to have the first column in the datagrid be a dynamic value
that for example is bound to the index value of that object in a DataSet-
I'm looking into this as a solution for providing a user with a list of
items that he/she can remove items from within the set and the numbers will
remain correct.

One solution I've considered is a private method called by my deleteItem()
method that would  create a new Array and use those indices as the column
value.  It seems to me like I'm doing a lot of work for something that's
already there though.

Mani