-----Original Message-----
From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
[mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of Karthik
Sent: Wednesday, March 01, 2006 4:27 AM
To: Flashcoders mailing list
Subject: Re: [Flashcoders] Z sorting multiple overlapping movie clips

On 01/03/06, Byron Canfield <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> You can make it a lot easier by doing some of the prep work for that
> architecture in the for loop that you use to first create and assign
> depths to those movieclips.

It might be a lot simpler to just do something like:

// Untested.
// Assuming clips are given depths based on ID var highest_depth:Number
= clips_array.length;

// click handler
function click_handler(e:Object):Void {
  if (e.target.getDepth() != (highest_depth)) {
    e.target.swapDepths(++highest_depth);

---
This should be fine for IIRC 2 billion+ clicks, with some caveats for
depths greater than 1M..

My 10p,
-K

Premier Authorized Adobe Consulting and Training http://www.figleaf.com