Yes I also tried this with the same results.

Merrill, Jason wrote:

var pctLoaded:Number = Math.floor(my_xml.getBytesLoaded() /
my_xml.getBytesTotal() * 100);

Does that really work?  I know you said you got it from the help docs
and all, but I always thought the Flash player, when it came to loading
XML, ran single threaded in the sense that all other caluculations had
to stop until the XML was loaded.  I ask because with the code you
posted, I tried it on a 2mb XML file and pctLoaded traces NaN, and
my_xml.getBytesLoaded traces 0 the entire time the file is loading.

Jason Merrill   |   E-Learning Solutions   |  icfconsulting.com